When you signed your tenancy agreement you agreed to the below on page 10
AT THE END OF YOUR TENANCY, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO ENSURE THAT YOUR HOUSE IS CLEAN AND TIDY, AND THAT YOU HAVE LOGGED ALL REPAIRS. IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO SO YOU CAN AVOID HAVING TO PAY EXTRA FEES AT THE END OF YOUR TENANCY.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Making sure the house is cleaned to the standard you found it before you leave
- Making sure your bedroom is cleaned thoroughly, including inside and underneath furniture and left to a standard you would be happy to find it when you moved in
- Not leaving behind more than one bag worth of rubbish per tenant
- Clearing front and back yards of any and all waste
- Repairs and maintenance that are considered by the landlord to be beyond general wear and tear
- Removing stains on carpets and fabrics (including furniture, curtains etc)
- Removing evidence of smoking inside the house
- Unreported repairs after you leave
If the above are not completed prior to cleaning, additional fees may be incurred, and photographic evidence will be provided where required.
SHOULD PROFESSIONAL CLEANERS BE NEEDED FOR YOUR BEDROOM AFTER YOU RETURN YOUR KEYS THE COSTS INCURRED WILL BE PASSED BACK TO YOU.
Both you and your guarantor then signed the above declaration.
The end of tenancy section of your tenancy agreement is as follows:
2.10 End of Tenancy
2.10.1 Return possession of the House at the end of the Term in the same good clean state and condition as it was in at the beginning of the Term, and make good, pay for the repair of, or replace all items of the fixtures, fittings, furniture and contents which have been broken, lost, damaged or destroyed during the Term (with the exception of reasonable wear and tear).
2.10.2 Rubbish and personal belongings are to be removed from the House by You at the end of the Term with the house, particularly your room, left without the need for a professional cleaner. Should one be needed for your room costs incurred will be passed back to You. Rubbish and bin bags should be placed in the designated bins, bin storage areas, or rear alleyways ready for collection. No more than one black bin bag per tenant should be left – see Fees & Charges.
2.10.3 Leave the fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects at the end of the Term in the rooms and places in the same condition in which they were at the beginning of the Term – see Fees & Charges.
2.10.4 Return all keys for the House to the Landlord or Chester Student Lets as instructed on the final day of the Tenancy by 9:30am (or sooner by mutual arrangement) keys not returned will be charged for replacement – see Fees & Charges.
2.10.5 Any goods or personal effects belonging to You or other members of your household which have been left at the House after expiry or termination of the Tenancy shall be deemed to have been abandoned and will be removed.
The following is a list of fees and charges associated with your signed agreement and are referenced above. If these fees are charged, VAT will be added.
3. Payable by You are any reasonable costs and expenses incurred by You, including but not limited to repairs, decorating or cleaning the House or the contents so that they are at the same standard as at the commencement of the Tenancy, as per the Cleaning Agreement. Fair wear and tear are excluded.
8. Payable by You are the costs for any items missing or damaged, or damage done to the House during the Tenancy caused by misuse or malicious damage.
11. Payable by You is the cost of supplying replacement copies of keys at a reasonable fee of up to £50 directly to Chester Student Lets. You will also be required to pay a reasonable fee for the cost of replacing the locks and cutting new keys if any keys are not returned to the Landlord or Chester Student Lets when You move out.
14. Payable by You is a call out charge to place furniture left outside the House. Charges will be incurred for replacement of the furniture if it is damaged from being left outside.
17. Payable by You is a charge to reinstate the House to its original condition if you smoke inside. This will include the cost of dry cleaning curtains, removing smoking odours from beds, renewing carpets, and renewing fixtures and fittings, including those damaged by cigarette burns. If no individual tenant claims liability for the damage then all tenants in the House become jointly liable for this cost.
22. Payable by You is a charge of £20 per extra bin bag left beyond one per tenant, will be charged on a group basis unless an individual takes responsibility. This charge is to be paid within 7 days of being invoiced.
23. Payable by You is all costs for re-painting any bedrooms or rooms that were decorated without the Landlord or Landlords’ Agent’s written permission.
25. Payable by You are any fees incurred to put the House back to its original state due to changes made without written permission from Chester Student Lets or the Landlord.
“David and Emma are a great landlord and landlady. If we had any trouble with the house they were there to help straight away. Nothing was ever a trouble to them and the house was a brilliant student Home. Highly recommend”
“Jenny was great and very helpful thank you.”
“Great service, Jess was really enthusiastic and helpful with the house viewing!”